Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Autumn Explorations, A New Venture



It all started with an online course with Susan Sorrell called "Doodling Designs". This class encourages you to enlarge on your doodling. I still haven't finished all the lessons because I got hung up on Lesson 2 which suggests students use magazine images to create doodle designs. One makes a collage of magazine images and then you trace the shapes that you like and then you embroider these shapes.

I started using the collages and then experimented with family photos, so between that and making more zentangles and framing them I havent finished all of Susan's lessons. I will get back to them after Christmas because there is still more embroidery that I want to try.

Here are the collages. I haven't done this before so I'm sure anyone could make much better
collages.

1 comment:

  1. Your collage is very interesting. I will look forward to seeing how you transform these doodles into thread!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on my blog or add additional interesting information (example, how does this connect to you?)